Note: Not all facebook videos will have captioning. Especially older videos and those just uploaded by users. They don’t all put captions on them. You can also find these procedures while in Facebook by clicking on the ? at the top right which will bring up the help window. Type ‘Captions’ and it will give you options to select what best fits what you are trying to do.
To check if you have captions enabled on your Facebook app, please do the following:
- Go to the top of the video and click the three dots you see—click “turn on captions”. If you do not see that option pop up, then you need to go to your Facebook settings to add captions.
Here is how you can do that via Facebook’s instructions:
You can adjust your video settings to always show captions, when available.
- Click .
- Click Videos.
- Click Off next to Always Show Captions.
- Select On to turn on captions for Facebook videos, when available.
Your caption settings will only apply to videos you watch on a computer.
iOS devices—on apple iPhones:
- Go to your device’s home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General > Accessibility > Subtitles & Captioning.
- Tap next to Closed Captions + SDH to turn on captions for videos, when available