The Hearing Loss Association of America (HLAA), Michigan State Association advocates for issues that are either legislative or related to general access that benefits the larger community of hard of hearing people.
All One Organization
The HLAA, Michigan State Association, and its local chapters are all one organization and provide mutual support for issues on both the national and state levels.
There are several things you can do to prepare for a “call to action.”
- Know who represents you in Congress. To find this information, visit the House & Senate web sites and search by entering zip code/state in the boxes at the top right of the sites.
- Go to www.house.gov and www.senate.gov
- Check your voter registration card.
- Join or maintain your membership in HLAA HLAA Web Site
- Visit the HLAA advocacy page of the HLAA website: HLAA Advocacy Page
- Subscribe to HLAA eNews at HLAA E-news
- Subscribe to your legislators’ newsletters
- Get to know your legislator by attending local coffees in your area and/or visit your legislator’s district offices
- Learn how to influence legislators through organizing, making personal contacts, letter writing and email. Citizens Guide
- Learn How a Bill Becomes a Law