The Hearing Loss Association of America is the country’s leading membership and advocacy organization for people with hearing loss. As a member of HLAA you are part of an organization representing 48 million people with hearing loss! Join in the mission to provide information, support and advocacy to people with hearing loss.
Join HLAA to meet new friends and reap rewards!
What will joining HLAA do for me? HLAA National membership brings:
- A subscription to Hearing Loss Magazine containing the latest information on technology, legislation and coping with hearing loss.
- Automatic membership in HLAA-MI upon joining HLAA National
- Member rates at annual conventions throughout the United States, reaching out to all
- Advocacy for communication access in the workplace, hotels, schools, court systems, medical, and entertainment facilities.
- Promotion of new technology, medical research, and legislation that will alleviate the effects of hearing loss.
- Discounts on products from select technological companies such as Harris Communications, AVIS, and ClearSounds Communications.
- Encouragement of research and participation in research to improve hearing aids, assistive listening devices, and other technology needs of consumers with hearing loss. We push for research on understanding the causes of hearing loss and for development of new treatments.
- Our testimony before federal, state, and local legislative bodies on issues concerning people with hearing loss.
- Implementation of federal and state laws which benefit people with hearing loss
- A voice in all matters related to hearing loss