HLAA – MI Annual Spring Meeting
Saturday, April 18, 2015, 10:00am – 3:30pm
State of Michigan Historical Museum and Library
702 West Kalamazoo Street, Lansing, MI 48915
Featured Speaker:Brian Patrick Jensen
Perseverance to Triumph, The 5 Things Resilient People Do
Free Admission, Free Parking, Door Prizes, CART (real time captioning) will be provided
FREE lunch for those who RSVP by April 1, 2015 to:
[email protected] or call 616-252-5131
“Perseverance to Triumph” combines heartfelt inspiration with practical action steps to increase personal resilience and emerge stronger through hardship. Join Brian Patrick Jensen as he shares his inspiring account as a senior executive, successful consultant and father suddenly stricken with profound hearing loss.
Description / Outline:
Perseverance to Triumph is both a motivational experience and educational lecture about overcoming life-changing setbacks and being better for it on the other side.
* Learn why some people are more resilient than others when personal crisis hits and how you too can choose to persevere
* Take away the “5 Things Resilient People Do” to apply them in your own life
* Avoid the “optimism trap” and learn why popular motivational “positivism” does NOT apply to the reality of enduring true hardship and commence healing
* Experience by example how Brian applies the principles of perseverance to his own life-changing challenges and triumphs
* Learn how to create your own action plan to transform your most difficult challenges into your most valuable assets.
Brian Patrick Jensen is an award winning business executive and workplace innovator renown throughout his career for his spirited presentations and straight talk. In 2010, while serving as Vice President of Human Resources for his employer, Brian suffered sudden and profound bilateral hearing loss. He determined to speak and write about the life changing episode through his signature public speaking service and namesake blog atwww.brianpatrickjensen.com.
Brian Patrick Jensen currently serves as Director of Emerging Markets for Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. (CSD). He is an active member of HLAA and the Association of Late Deafened Adults (ALDA) and was recently elected as an ALDA Regional Director and Board Member. A late deafened adult and recent cochlear implant recipient, Brian’s personal account of perseverance and triumph over sudden and profound bilateral hearing loss has inspired audiences nationwide. He has presented multiple times at HLAA’s national conference and local chapters and he was keynote speaker for ALDA’s national conference in 2012.
After losing his hearing, Brian joined CSD to advance the company’s talent building strategy at its new headquarters and technology innovation hub in Austin, Texas. Now, as Director Emerging Markets, Brian is CSD’s subject matter expert on workplace solutions for clients and customers.
Annual Meeting Sponsors